Conserving the Green Stuff
“Air conditioning accounts for nearly 50% of the energy use in the United States during peak summer months, and air conditioning is responsible for nearly 100 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions every year.” – Rocky Mountain Institute (rmi.org)
We Conserve the Environment
- Tower stands on its commitment to support a sustainable environment and conserve our natural resources with the industry’s leading energy efficient HVAC options.
- Because your health and safety are critically important to us, we work closely with Duke/Progress Energy to implement the most current North Carolina Utility Commission recommendations and regulations. Our goal is not to meet industry standards but to exceed them. We know which units to recommend and the methods to properly service each system to conserve energy resources.
- Every HVAC system—and every person—can make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable world. Small details can add up to be big changes. Ask us how we can change your system to be more environmentally responsible!
We Conserve Your Wallet
- We install technology that will save you money. New HVAC components can improve the operational cost and performance of your existing equipment.
- According to the EPA, merely installing a programmable thermostat will save you approximately $150 per year.
- The components that offer fastest return on investment are: variable speed compressors, electronic expansion valves, advanced humidity removal, heat recycling, variable frequency drives and thermal energy storage.
- Small changes can yield big results. Minor upgrades in insulation, leak-sealant, water heater units and programmable thermostats can save you significant dollars each year.
Energy Star Home Energy Yardstick
Evaluate your home’s energy usage with this easy online tool. Where can we save YOU energy?
A Word About Refrigerants
1. Any equipment, ductwork, small parts, and packaging materials will be disposed of through a licensed waste hauler or recycling center.
2. Refrigerant will always be handled, stored, transported, and disposed of in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations. Tower will never violate any venting or transportation law and will not place you in jeopardy or violation.
3. Refrigerant handling terms:
- Recovery – To remove refrigerant from a system and place in a DOT approved container.
- Reinstall – To return the refrigerant to the same equipment it came from.
- Reclaim – To transport recovered refrigerant to an EPA approve reclamation center.
- Recycle – To circulate recovered refrigerant through a filter, drier, oil and/or separation device. This process is not done by Tower on site.