My system is just old and the repairs are piling up.
- Do you have the old outlawed R-22 refrigerant?
- It’s time to consider replacing your system.
- The utility money you save can pay for your new system.
- Call us at (919) 755-1957. We’ll be right over to give you choices and options.
My system is noisy inside when it comes on.
- First, make sure all your vents are fully open. Check the rooms you do not use and make sure those vents are open as well.
- If that doesn’t solve it, you may need your ductwork properly sized. We can give you a complementary look-see on this problem.
My electric bill was “shocking.” Pun intended!
- The #1 cause of AC excessive use is an improperly charged system. Only a little over or under charge will increase run time exponentially.
- The #2 reason is a dirty outdoor or indoor unit. It needs to be professionally serviced.
- You can make sure your filter is clean. Your unit needs full air-flow.
- If your system is getting some age on it, consider a new system. Our replacement systems use about ½ the electricity. This is not hype. Federal regulations mandate these efficiencies.
My home seems clammy and humid. It seems to have a slight smell.
- This is often because your AC is dirty or improperly charged.
- Do you notice black dots on the bathroom ceiling, black lines on the shower tile, a chilly feeling when you sit to watch TV? This is all because of improper humidity often caused by AC problems.
- You will need professional service on your unit to fix this. Call (919) 755-1957 and we’ll be right out.
My AC runs all the time and doesn’t seem to keep up.
- First things first, check your filter(s). If they are dirty, it is time to change them. Do not ever run your system without a filter! Find an affordable, effective filter at your local Lowe’s or Home Depot, and follow these simple steps to change your air filter!
- Look at your outdoor coil. Look deep between the fins. If they are dirty call us. These take special chemicals to clean without damaging your unit.
- Are you adding unusual amounts of heat during the hottest time of the day? Consider waiting until late evening to run your dishwasher, oven, or dryer.
- If this doesn’t solve the problem, call (919) 755-1957, and we’ll be right out.
My AC stopped working. What should I do?
- Verify that your thermostat is set to “Cool” and the fan switch is set to “Auto.”
- If your thermostat is set to "Cool" and the fan is set to "Auto" look at your breakers. If any appear to be tripped or in the mid position, turn them completely off and then back on.
- Some thermostats have a delay period of up to 10 minutes after a power interruption. Wait 10 minutes.
- If it still doesn't come on, call (919) 755-1957, and we’ll be right out.