The Tower team loves this time of year and one of our favorite things to do is look at all the holiday lights. We know 2020 has been a little strange so we have gone overboard on decorating our own homes to hopefully spread a little Christmas cheer.
Here is Tower Heating and Air owner Craig Andes spreading some holiday cheer with his pup. Feel free to hang all of the lights you want and we will help you save money in other departments. 😉🎄
11 Spectacular Christmas Light Displays Across Raleigh, Triangle, North Carolina
Low-Cost Ways to Keep Warm
- Keep the heat you have purchased indoors. Invest in weather strips. These will keep the hot air in and the cold air out. Place these around your windows and doors. You should also check your exterior walls for holes. You can use foam insulation to close up any that you find. Close your drapes after sundown. This will also help keep the heat in.
- Replace your filter. You have heard us say this many times before, but it is extremely important this time of year. Airflow across the heating surfaces extracts the heat and delivers it to you. If the airflow is restricted, even a little, your energy consumption rises. Not sure how to replace your home air filter? Check out our Step-by-Step Guide.
- Clean and maintain your heating system. 1/16″ of dirt on the blower wheel reduces the airflow by about 15%. Costly!
- Test your CO detector. CO is a byproduct of combustion and is poisonous. Need help testing your CO Detector? Check out our latest blog post that covers how to do just that.
- Get regular checkups (twice a year) to keep the system operating efficiently and to prevent costly repairs. It is much easier, and often cheaper, to prevent damage than it is to repair the damage. Join our Peace of Mind Membership Plan to keep your HVAC system running smoothly, not just this winter, but all year long.
Need a New System?
We know that purchasing a new HVAC system can be scary but we have some special offers to help take some of the burden off of you.
When you purchase a new HVAC from Tower Heating & Air before 2021 you will receive:
- One Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat
- A Lifetime Warranty (Including Parts and Labor) on Your Honeywell Thermostat
- One Free UV Light (Kills COVID-19 and Other Viruses