No one likes spring cleaning but you can’t deny it is nice having a clean and organized home going into a new season! Let us take care of cleaning your HVAC system and check out these tips below from Good Housekeeping for help with your other spring cleaning to-dos.
33 Easy Spring Cleaning Tips
Good Housekeeping Institute Cleaning Lab has highlighted the 33 trouble spots that could use a quick refresh as we head into spring. You can see the full list here but we have highlighted a few of our favorites below.
- Doormats – Keep more dirt off your floors and out of your house by using two mats, one outside the door and one inside. You can give these a refresh by hosing them off and letting them air-dry.
- Kitchen Sink – Has your kitchen sink been giving off a horrible smell for a while now? Try running a couple of lemon rinds through your garbage disposal and follow with cold water to get rid of the smell.
- Stainless Steel – Mix a solution of one teaspoon of dish detergent and one quart of hot tap water. Then use a microfiber cloth to rub the solution onto the marks in small sections, going with the grain. Rinse with clean hot water and say goodbye to those fingerprints.
- Shower Curtain – Did you know you can wash your shower curtain in the washing machine? Do it on the highest water level with detergent and a couple of bath towels for extra cleaning power.
- Patio Furniture – Spring is all about getting outdoors so make sure your patio furniture is ready for you to relax in! The best way to clean your patio furniture is with warm water and dish soap.
Don’t Forget Your HVAC System
It is important to prepare your whole house for warm weather, and that is where we come in. Give us a call today at 919-755-1957, to schedule your spring AC cleaning and learn more about how we can keep your AC unit running smoothly all summer long at the button below.