The temperature is dropping and if you are not careful so will the money in your bank account due to high energy bills. At Tower Heating and Air, we understand the importance of keeping your home comfortable while keeping money in your pocket. Here are a few Tower Tips that will help you and your family stay toasty all winter long, without running up your energy bill.
- Keep the heat you have purchased indoors. Invest in weather strips. These will keep the hot air in and the cold air out. Place these around your windows and doors. You should also check your exterior walls for holes. You can use foam insulation to close up any that you find. Close your drapes after sundown. This will also help keep the heat in.
- Replace your filter. You have heard us say this many times before, but it is extremely important this time of year. Airflow across the heating surfaces extracts the heat and delivers it to you. If the airflow is restricted, even a little, your energy consumption rises. Not sure how to replace your home air filter? Check out our Step-by-Step Guide.
- Clean and maintain your heating system. 1/16″ of dirt on the blower wheel reduces the airflow by about 15%. Costly!
- Test your CO detector. CO is a byproduct of combustion and is poisonous. Need help testing your CO Detector? Check out our latest blog post that covers how to do just that. If you do not have a CO detector, call us at 919-755-1957. We will supply and install one for you – it’s just a quick technician visit!
- Get regular checkups (twice a year) to keep the system operating efficiently and to prevent costly repairs. It is much easier, and often cheaper, to prevent damage than it is to repair the damage. Join our Maintenance Plan to keep your HVAC system running smoothly, not just this winter, but all year long.
As always, we are here to help with all your HVAC needs. Call us today at 919-755-1957.